Saturday, January 24, 2009

thanks, amee

Before getting any further, I want to note that Amee Hardy played a major role in this (although she may not realize it). Amee ran the 2008 Nike Women's Marathon with Team in Training. She participated with a specific youngster in mind: Kaden Pate, the son of a close friend who was diagnosed with ALL at age 2 1/2.

Amee was the first to bring Team in Training into sight for me. She completed the marathon last October and raised several thousand dollars for LLS. All while balancing a husband, two sons, a house, a job, and probably even more.

Thank you, Amee, for being a leader, an inspiration, and taking action.

1 comment:

  1. WOOOOOHOOOOO! I am so excited for you! You will never regret this experience. It has made my life much richer in many ways. I am so proud of you!!! I love you!! Amee

    ReplyDelete