The swim was difficult. I had a lot of adrenaline in the first lap, which ran out and left me floundering a bit during the second lap. By the end (laps four and five), I was feeling smoother but the total experience was frustrating. Thankfully, the coaches had warned us first timers about this, so it wasn't entirely unexpected. I also talked with several teammates with more experience; pretty much everyone had felt this way before and offered a lot of helpful advice.
I can't wait for a closed and clearly marked bike course. And dang those potholes.
The run was easiest for me, as usual. Although my legs were feeling it.
In all, such good practice. To know I can put all three together and feel as good as I did at the end makes me look forward to race day even more.
Here's some of the team getting set up...
No comments:
Post a Comment