Sunday, June 14, 2009

sunday morning at the lake

I swam Nokomis this morning. I was so frustrated after the previous day's swim during the mock tri. I had some proving to do.

It was a beautiful, perfect morning. The water was still although still quite cold. The sunshine was warm, and wow have I missed that in some of our previous trainings.

I swam eight laps around the buoys, which should be close to a mile according to Coach Mike. It started similar to yesterday: first lap good, second lap became difficult. But I was able to focus, to calm myself, and found my rhythm. After that, it was just me and lake gulls (who were supporting me from the tops of each buoy).

Today was a huge confidence boost, as I found a comfort zone in open water while establishing that I'm entirely capable of swimming the race distance. And because it was such a beautiful morning, I really enjoyed every aspect of spending the first part of the day in the water at the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment